Auditions for West Coast Players’ Arsenic and Old Lace, a slapstick comedy by Joseph Kesselring, will be held on February 23 and 24th at 7 PM at West Coast Players Theater in Clearwater. Director Brian Yarbrough is looking for 12 -14 men and women, various ages 18 – 60, to fill all roles:
• Mortimer Brewster (M) 25-30: The slightly neurotic nephew to Abby and Martha Brewster, who must come face to face with his maniac brother, Jonathan.
• Elaine Harper (F) 20s: Mortimer’s pretty, independent girlfriend.
• Abby Brewster (F) 50+: One of the two insane “Brewster Aunts” who believes murdering lonely old men to be an act of charity.
• Martha Brewster (F) 50+: The other insane “Brewster Aunt” who serves as Abby‘s partner in crime.
• Jonathon Brewster (M) 40+: Mortimer’s evil, maniac brother, who because of numerous plastic surgeries bears a striking resemblance to Boris Karloff.
• Dr. Einstein (M) 40+: Jonathon‘s partner in crime, who hopes that they will be able to turn the Brewster house into an evil laboratory.
• Teddy Brewster (M) 40s: The kindhearted brother to Mortimer and Jonathon…who honestly believes that he is President Theodore Roosevelt.
• Mr. Witherspoon (M) 40+: The caretaker of Happy Dale Sanitarium. May double with Mr. Gibbs.
• Officer O’Hara (M) 20+: The determined police officer who is also an aspiring playwright.
• Lieutenant Rooney (M) 35+: A police officer who aids Mortimer in his fight against Jonathon.
• Mr. Gibbs (M) 50+: A lonely little old man who nearly falls victim to the aunts’ charity. Made double with Mr. Witherspoon.
• Reverend Dr. Harper (M) 50s: Father to Elaine. The minister who runs the church next door to the Brewster house.
• Officers Brophy & Klein 18 – 35
The Brewster family traces their lineage back to Mayflower settlers. Two charming, innocent aunts populate their cellar with the remains of socially and religiously “acceptable” rumors as well as a nephew who thinks he is Teddy Roosevelt and another nephew whose hobbies are far from mainstream. Mortimer, upstanding head of the family, is soon to marry a minister‘s daughter, but his family’s antics are putting their reputation and his nuptials on the line.
West Coast Players is located at 21905 US Highway 19 North, Clearwater. For complete directions, please see http://wp2.wcplayers.org/about-us/directions/.
West Coast Players is a non-profit 501(c)(3) corporation.
To change your email address click “Update your Profile” here and then enter your email address, or click in the update link in an email from us.